Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Babies Born!

Announcing the birth of 7 Satin Angora Babies to Dusty's Abby and AngoraEden Fabio.

I went to check on Abby and found her furiously pulling wool to line the nestbox. I left her alone to do rabbit care and for privacy. When I checked in on her, the wool was moving! I removed the wet and bloody wool and straw, counted heads and got everyone covered up with move clean wool and straw. So far, it looks like they are all black. They have sweet little bright pink bellies. They are so tiny and perfect. Have to take pictures tomorrow.

Partly Cloudy is still a lady in waiting. I think she's pregnant. She was bred on the same day as Abby. Her nestbox in her cage but she hasn't started pulling wool. We'll just have to see in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. They sound like chestnuts (or copper) to me. Blacks usually have just s slightly lighter colored bely than they rest of the body.
    I can hardly wait for pictures. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'll keep my fingers crossed for Partly Cloudy!

    ReplyDelete