Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home again

I'm so glad to be home again following my surgery at IU Medical Center. My family and friends have been so supportive and along with my faith in God, are giving me the strength I need. I'm now diagnosed as stage 4 pancreatic cancer. While the surgeon wasn't able to remove the cancer as planned since it metastisized to my liver, he was able to do a modified surgery to keep me comfortable. The news was very difficult for my husband and I worry about him but we are hanging onto each moment we have left together. I'm not done fighting! Chemotherapy is planned beginning mid March as soon as I've healed sufficiently from my surgery.

Friends Joyce, Dustin, Kathy, Jo, Patsy, Jim, Sarah - there are too many to properly recognize here, are helping me. Joyce, Dustin, and Kathy are helping with finding homes for my angora rabbits and Joyce was here yesterday, doing bunny care.

It is times like this that I realize how blessed I am. I live on 10 acres of hardwood forest and being close to the earth and wildlife renews me.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    All of your rabbit friends are thinking of you and sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete