Friday, June 26, 2009

New arrivals

Dharma, my French Angora doe delivered 5 kits on the wire yesterday. When I went into the barn I found them- 2 past reviving and 3 still moving but cool. I warmed the 3 up and tucked them into the nestbox. It's Dharma's first litter and after she designed a truly beautiful nest, she must have become confused. The 3 babes are doing well today and it looks like they've been nursed this morning. There are 2 fawns and 1 fawn torte. Pictures will follow in a few days.

Another doe, La Nina, Black 100% German, still hasn't delivered. She finally built a nest but time will tell if she's pg. This is her first litter too.

It's horrible hot in southern Indiana but the buns are in an air conditioned room in the barn. I love sitting in the room with them and giving them attention. Sweet Dharma always comes over and puts her head out for petting. She loves baby talk too. La Nina is sweet but really hates the process of coming out of her cage. Once out, I can hold her like a baby.

Sweet dreams, bunnies!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new babies - hope the 3 do well for you.
    WHAT!!! No pictures????
    :^)

    ReplyDelete