Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chardonay, Satin Angora doe


AngoraEden - a blog about my gorgeous angora bunnies and fiber obsession.

I've decided to join my friends in blogging to share my experiences and love of Angora rabbits.
I have all the different breeds of Angoras: English, Satin, French, Giant, and German. All are pedigreed and many are now registered. Showing rabbits at ARBA shows is a very rewarding experience. Penny, one of my Satin Angora does won Best of Breed at the ARBA Convention in Louisville, Kentucky. I've met many wonderful people and made lots of friends at these shows. They are also a great way to learn about rabbit care.

Angora fiber is wonderfully soft and warm. In fact, it is about 8 times warmer than sheep's wool. I spin their wool into yarn and weave it into lovely, warm hats, mittens, scarves, etc. I've also begun felting it.

The name Angora Eden came about from the woods we are fortunate to live in. The trees are old growth hardwood oak, ash, maple, hickory with lots of pines mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment